This specially designed eco-friendly urn is made from vegetal fibers and degrades without harming the environment. The actual degration speed varies naturally depending on the humidity, temperature and acidity level of the soil but in general, you can expect the complete degradation in three to eighteen months.
The surface of the urn is smooth and beautiful. The fact that the vegetal fibers are visible on the make render each urn an unique product.
In an era where the protection of the environment is at the forefront of the society's debates, this urn will impose itself as the natural and eco-friendly choice for burials compared to other urns made of non-biodegradable materials (such as ceramic, metal and plastic).
The advantages of the BIO urn:
- The materials used in the urn are biodegradable.
- The urn starts to degrade before a year and it should be completely degraded in eighteen months.
- The lid has a practical locking mechanism that makes use of no screws nor any glue.
- The urn is colored using colors that are biodegrable and that never fade.
- The urn has a rope to ease putting it into ground.
- The top of the urn is smooth, allowing for easy identification (such as a plaque).
- The urn contains around 4.7 liters (a little over a gallon).
- The urn has an 18.5 cm opening easing filling.
- The urn's external diameter is 19.5 cm. The lid diameter is 21.5 cm.
- The urn has been tested by the Technical Institute of Danemark and it has been documented that it is not harmful to the environment.
Click to zoom image.
Contact us to get more information or to make an order.